Three Boys and a Girl

Friday, February 18, 2011

Kid Compliments


Today at lunch Ellen was being darling as usual, and Seth said, "Ellen is the coolest girl in the whole world..." Then he looked at me, and smiling added with special emphasis, "Including You, mom."


...I'm assuming he meant to say, "except for you" and I'm taking it as a compliment. I love when kids' compliments get turned around like this. You just have to smile and say thanks, and try not to laugh. :) Like when our boys have said, "Mom, this dinner is actually really good!" And you just have to realize that they're still figuring out the details of this language of ours, (specifically, when and when not to use the word "actually.") It's charming, really.


Seth on a day at school where he got to be "King" and lead the class. He's eating up kindergarten. Elementary school rocked, didn't it! :)

And PS, yes, that first picture is proof of why you all get so many prank calls from our house... You'd think I'd have snatched it away instead of standing there taking a picture, but with Seth being so sweet with her like that, I couldn't resist.

3 Comments:

  • At 2/18/2011 5:03 PM , Blogger Lynne said...

    Motherhood. It's all worth it, isn't it?

     
  • At 2/18/2011 8:35 PM , Blogger Kathryn said...

    I'm glad Seth is liking it so much! That's so great! I have kindergarten pre-registration in a couple of weeks, and I hope my Will-boy is ready for it. He'd rather be out "working in [the] cabin," any day, than sitting down with a paper and a pencil... although we are making progress.

     
  • At 2/18/2011 9:12 PM , Blogger Mary said...

    I get phantom texts from several 2 year olds all the time. It's cool.

    I love how seriously he's taking his job. Cute.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home