Three Boys and a Girl

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

At long last.

So I'm at the stage of pregnancy now where I'm actually showing enough for people to be able to tell.

I like that.

For so long all I've gotten from anyone for my excitement in growing is, "Oh, please, you're not even showing at all." I'm sure they mean it completely as a compliment, to tell me how thin I look, but they totally miss that I'm thrilled to be poking out, even if it's just a little. And it's nice to have people acknowledge what I'm happy about. Even if other people are tiny, I like to just say that they are looking great. That means "I can tell you're showing, and you look nice." Just be happy for them if they're excited, and don't tell them the opposite of what they're happy about. Common sense right? I know they're just trying to be nice, but it's nice for me now to finally be at a point when they'll acknowledge that I'm growing. The debate over whether or not I am showing is coming to an end, and the conversation can just move on to how happy I am about it. :)

5 Comments:

  • At 9/12/2007 10:25 PM , Blogger sstar said...

    :) You look absolutely huge. Like a beached whale. :) :)
    Boy - do I understand! It's tough to get compliments (or anything other than hate mail) if you're tall and thin and early pregnant. glad to be gaining! :)

     
  • At 9/13/2007 8:55 AM , Blogger Christine said...

    lol! Thank you Esther :)

     
  • At 9/15/2007 8:26 AM , Blogger sidelineviews.com said...

    I am sure that when I get back to the states Monday, I will at least think "Boy, she is a lot bigger then when I left!"... :)

     
  • At 9/17/2007 7:36 AM , Blogger Kari said...

    Your baby is growing too..you're about at the half way point, right?

    We miss you guys, too. In response to your comment on "Summer Leaves" I would love to be down there to see the fall colors up in Aspen Grove. I really miss that. But, certainly the winters there are not as nice as the ones up here. It gets so cold down there!

     
  • At 9/18/2007 10:49 PM , Blogger sstar said...

    Hey - dumb i know - to leave an unrelated comment on your blog comment page... Sorry - my email is suffering somehow.
    So - here it is. Have you seen Cass Barney's blog? I saw her at Costco today and we had a fun little conversation and I ended up getting her blog info. You should check it out if you haven't. Artistic to say the very least.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home