Three Boys and a Girl

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

The lesson of the day

Don't do something stupid just to try to save yourself a few minutes.

I was carrying bottles of fruit and juice up from downstairs, and tried to carry one-too-many at a time. I knew it would be trouble, but I tempted fate. So, of course, on the way up the stairs one of the jars slips and falls, and of course, it's the incredibly deep dark grape juice. It shattered and splattered everywhere, and it took me the next full hour and a half to clean it all up. I think I would've rather take the extra 60 seconds to make another trip up the stairs with the extra jar instead. As I once heard John say, "That's what I get for being stupid." Luckily, it broke on the tile landing by our front door, so most of it was on hard surfaces (all over the walls within a 10 foot radius,) but you'd be surprised how much of a stain grape juice can make even on tile, walls and doors. Amazing. Amazing that it all came out too. Maybe next time I'll be a little smarter. You'd hope so anyway.

2 Comments:

  • At 2/07/2008 6:44 PM , Blogger Kari said...

    Honestly, the thing that sounds the hardest to me is having to clean up a mess when you have just one week left of your pregnancy. Doesn't sound comfortable.

    I'm glad that for all your effort you didn't have any left over stains! I am always tempting fate like that! I'll remember you're advice.

     
  • At 2/08/2008 9:13 PM , Blogger sstar said...

    That's sick - absolutely sick. How did you ever get it off? Bleach? That stuff is permanent in seconds! What a mess - I would have fallen to pieces myself. Way to be brave and get it done.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home