Three Boys and a Girl

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Family Fieldtrip


Yesterday we took the boys to The Living Planet Aquarium and it was awesome! I think I was as excited as they were. My favorite parts were:
--The huge tank with sharks swimming right past our noses

(Seth's awe/terror/amazement at unexpectedly seeing a shark appear right in front of him and swim past his face was fantastic. He was very close to tears at the shock, but the coolness factor won over and he stared in admiration.)


--Being able to reach in and TOUCH all the rays swimming around in the water! I couldn't believe it. I really never thought I would touch one of those. It felt different than I was expecting. It was incredible.



--The jelly fish. Amazing, huge, and so beautiful in the way they moved. The body was about the size of a volleyball. So graceful.


--The sea horses. Never seen sea horses before. It was interesting to watch the way they used their tales to anchor themselves to plants while they were eating.
--The rainforest animals show, with the talking parrots.


--Eels, (can you see the camo fish in the back?) octopus, bright coral, crabs, sea cucumbers, a huge frog, (did I mention touching the rays and watching the sharks swim?)

It was just really fun, and super fun to let the boys see all those neat things. Seth is a big fan of sharks from watching Blue Planet DVDs, and they both really knew about the things they were seeing, so it was amazing to see them up close and personal.

The world is just awesome.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home