Three Boys and a Girl

Friday, February 02, 2007

In Defense of Mold

John and I went to a play the other night and had an awesome time. On the way back we stopped and bought some cheese and crackers, and decided to try Brie. In case you aren't cheese conesseiurs (like the Sorensens) it's a French cheese that's really soft on the inside and has a thin rind of white mold on the outside. And despite the way it sounds, we liked it. The cheese is so creamy, and the flavor is much more mild than Camembert.

It's funny really that in France you could literally eat a different kind of cheese every day of the year, and here we use cheddar, mozarella. . .monterey jack. . .colby. . .and maybe 5 others if you're adventuresome. Anyway, we want to try some others next time. Have any favorites?

2 Comments:

  • At 2/03/2007 6:43 PM , Blogger sstar said...

    In all of my expansive world wide travels... ok - just kidding. When I was in France, my favorite was Red Leicester (pronounced somehow "lester" I think... wacky.) And in England they had Edam and that was super yummmy. Can't remember why it was different and so delectable, but I bought some every time I went to the corner store for anything. It didn't help that they had them in cheese sticks... I guess now would be the time to talk about why the clothes that I bought toward the end of my stay there fit me when I'm 7 months pregnant... Ok! Right. So there's your answer. ;)

     
  • At 2/05/2007 12:54 PM , Blogger Mary said...

    I think all those French cheeses are nasty (sorry Rob)! I acted like I tollerated the Camembert at Christmas time, but I really thought it was disgusting. Rob says it's an aquired taste. I say it should be illegal.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home