Three Boys and a Girl

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Shrapnel from a flu shot

John and I got flu shots today with a clinic that came to his work.

There was quite the fiasco when the nurse used a new kind of syringe and thought she had ejected the needle into the person's arm, and found out after 10 very nervous and stressful minutes (especially for the guy who was trying to imagine what method they would possibly use to get that needle out of him!) that the needle had actually retracted into the syringe, and it wasn't buried deep in the patient's flesh after all.

Bit of a panic moment for everyone involved, and everyone (who used to be) in line, to say the least.

But it all worked out okay, and hopefully it will save us a few rounds of sickness this season. :)

7 Comments:

  • At 11/14/2008 6:37 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

    Don't you think you'd feel it if the needle were still in? It makes my stomach turn to even think about it -- but that's what happens to me any time I think about things poking into my body. Ughhhhhhhh!

     
  • At 11/14/2008 6:55 AM , Blogger Trishelle said...

    Augh! That poor victim...er, I mean recipient! You way of telling the story is hilarious though!

     
  • At 11/14/2008 7:09 AM , Blogger Mary said...

    Yikes...

     
  • At 11/14/2008 9:06 AM , Blogger Wendy said...

    Yikes. I always seem to have drama when it's time to donate blood. I have some stories, too....

    Just a quick pop in to say thanks for participating in the giveaway. I appreciated your comments. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday.

     
  • At 11/14/2008 9:59 AM , Blogger Kari said...

    Ouch! Just the thought of it . . . that nurse must have been relieved!

    Still need to take my kids to get their shots...not really looking forward to that!

     
  • At 11/15/2008 1:41 PM , Blogger Gary and Mauri said...

    I would have loved to be there to watch everyone in hysteria trying to figure out what happened. It really did make me laugh a little, but also a bit scary!

     
  • At 11/19/2008 6:59 PM , Blogger Deanna said...

    I am such a believer in flu shots. Several years ago Jessica was the only one who had one and all of us got the flu practically one day after the other, except for her. Her and I have gotten our shots the last couple of years and it has saved us. Too bad I couldn't talk our scared teens into one :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home