Three Boys and a Girl

Monday, October 13, 2008

Quote of the Day

From Seth, looking down at his hand: "YESS! I love looking at my watch and CTR ring!"

He's been wearing a watch now for a week or so, and just got a new CTR ring from church today, so the look is complete and the coolness factor is at an all-time high.


He told me, "Mom, look at my cookie smile," (with the curved cookie.) Note how awesome he is looking in that watch. :)

The funny thing is I remember Jonathan being really into watches when he was this age, (even though neither of them could tell a lick of time, and often even had it on upside down,) and a check in my journal shows it was the same age to the month. Evidently this is the month were little boys become enamored with watches, and looking as cool as they can possibly manage.

Which turns out to be pretty dang cool.

5 Comments:

  • At 10/14/2008 8:07 AM , Blogger Lynne said...

    Reason Number 2,947 to keep a journal:) Speaking of kids and their fascination with telling time: I remember one day when Mary wandered into our bedroom one morning as we were still in bed, alerting us with these words: "Mom! Dad! Get Up! It's TWENTY O'clock!!! (We REALLY must have slept in that day...) By the way that is a very cute picture of the almost-birthday boy!

     
  • At 10/14/2008 9:20 AM , Blogger Serena Laird said...

    I am glad you wrote that. I am going to start a journal...again. Such a cute story!

     
  • At 10/15/2008 6:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    We'll put that theory to test when one of my little boys loves watches at Seth's age right now.

     
  • At 10/16/2008 8:04 PM , Blogger Kari said...

    Last night, Adam made some chocolate chip cookies. He took a bite out of one, held it up to his mouth, smiled, and told me to take a picture for our blog in honor of Seth...but there's no way he could match Seth's cuteness and originality.

    I can remember when Jonathan was totally into watches. Michael is not into watches yet, but he does love to find batteries and carry them around. Adam remembers doing the same when he was a little boy.

     
  • At 10/20/2008 8:52 AM , Blogger Trishelle said...

    So cute! Seth is such a great kid! Your stories about him remind me to find joy in the simple things of life.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home