Three Boys and a Girl

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Proclamation Effay Cheese

A couple months ago we decided to take a sentence from "The Family, A Proclamation to the World" as the topic schedule for our upcoming family home evenings. It's the part where it says,
"Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities."
So we did an FHE on each of those and it's been awesome. Yesterday we finished up with the last one, so for our FHE we picked up Wendy's for dinner and headed up the canyon for fun and adventure.


So much fun and adventure in fact that eating wasn't even close to first on the list for two little boys. They actually finished all their food though, which is a credit to them in such an environment. :)


Jonathan was super proud to have climbed up so high. He could take some lessons from his cousin Isaac, who is a superb climber too.


And, (drum roll) I actually got a picture with me in it, and with all of us together! It happens less often than I would like. Luke is doing his best to get his finger in John's ear, hence the "he's getting me!" face. Seth got all shy because he didn't know the woman we asked to take our picture. He's that kind of boy. :) But hey, it's a family picture. I'll take whatever I can get. :)

We came home and had Otter Pops on the front lawn, and Luke had his first serving of rice cereal, and was a pro at it.

Anyway, it was great fun, and I'd like to do it every single day.

5 Comments:

  • At 7/16/2008 8:45 AM , Blogger Trishelle said...

    Oh what fun! Looks like one of those evenings when everything is just bliss.

    I love the pic with the while family! Those are the best. You look beautiful there with handsome boys!

     
  • At 7/16/2008 1:28 PM , Blogger Mary said...

    Otter Pops always remind me of John. We used to take them downstairs and eat them and mom would get mad when we left the little "snipped" tops laying on the floor... :)

     
  • At 7/16/2008 7:52 PM , Blogger sstar said...

    Ultra fabulous. Hey - why don't you talk your boys into letting me be your photographer? Seth would smile for me, no? Maybe if I brought Joanna - he's all about her.
    I'd love to anytime. Well - anytime Matt's not at work... or school... right. Thursday mornings or Friday afternoons. He he.

     
  • At 7/17/2008 3:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Mom A. here: I'm glad you're enjoying everyday good times, for that's what life is made of. I thought you had used the timer on your camera. Can you do that on yours? Love you all.

     
  • At 9/10/2008 9:07 PM , Blogger La Familia Higgy said...

    I love that family pic. It's got way more personality than any Photo Studio could give you!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home