Three Boys and a Girl

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

The latest game

The boys do this hilarious thing lately. A while ago Jonathan started pretending to be asleep every time we were getting out of the car, just to be silly and make us laugh. So now Seth has picked it up, and he remembers almost every time, on his own. I open the door to unbuckle him and he has his eyes closed and his head resting to the side. I think it's so funny. And so old of him to think of doing something funny, and pretending the same thing every time I come to get him out. He "wakes up" after 10 or so seconds and laughs. Lots of times we find both of them suddenly asleep back there when we pull in. I remember when I was young pretending to be asleep in the car many times so that my parents would carry me inside. (Did you guys do this too?) But Jonathan and Seth do it just for the sake of the masquerade. They get a big kick out of it. Most of the time they get a big tickle out of it too.

5 Comments:

  • At 2/08/2007 10:39 AM , Blogger Mary said...

    I remember doing that too. I still fake asleep with Rob. Like when he's in the other room doing something, and I'm in the living room watching TV. When he comes in to see what I was doing, I act like I wasn't really watching it and that I just happened to fall asleep with it on. He always catches me though.

     
  • At 2/08/2007 12:27 PM , Blogger Christine said...

    hehehe - that's hilarious Mary.

     
  • At 2/08/2007 8:30 PM , Blogger Kari said...

    I totally remember doing that. Once I pretended to fall asleep on the couch and waited FOREVER for my mom to carry me to bed. She never did, and I got up and cried my way to bed, I was so sad.
    How cute that your boys make a joke of it!

     
  • At 2/09/2007 8:59 AM , Blogger Papa said...

    Boy, did I ever do it too. I remember that dad sometimes would carry me in and I felt so warm and loved. Once I was pretending sleep in my bed when dad came in to check on me but I was fiddling with my thumb and forefinger which was sticking out of the bed. He called me on it and told me to get to sleep. You just got to be careful to fool the parents, eh?
    Papa

     
  • At 2/09/2007 2:36 PM , Blogger sstar said...

    Funny you should mention this... Are you ready for the truth? I did it last night. He he he ... It worked. Matt carried me to bed and tucked me in. Of course then I "woke up" (once he had romantically saved me the effort and annoyance of walking) He laughed and then we read scriptures and went to sleep. Oh the cleverness of me.

    I was just thinking...
    Maybe we faked it in the car cause Dad WOULD carry us in cause he remembered liking it. Good traditions going down the chain. Love it.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home