Three Boys and a Girl

Monday, April 09, 2007

Easter at the Anderson's


We like to do our Easter festivities on the Saturday before Easter Sunday, so that Sunday can be a reverent day to focus on the Real Easter. This year I said "Easter Fun-day" and Easter Sunday. I only said it once, but it stuck. (That's not to say that a reverent Sunday isn't also fun.)


John did a really cool experimental style of pressing the egg on a napkin down in the egg carton and dripping the dye on it with a straw. It made a pretty neat design as it cascaded down the egg, but the coolest part was the design that the napkin had imprinted on the bottom. John's awesome. We all had fun coloring eggs. I love that part of Easter. I think we should do it all the time. :)


The hunt with the boys this year was even more fun than last year. Jonathan was darting all over the yard, letting out little gasps and putting on extra bursts of speed when he saw an egg.


Seth even knew the game. He was so cute when he found one, laughing and pointing to it, so excited.


Easter egg hunts are so so fun as parents of 2 and 4 year old children.


This year in their eggs they had mixes of cracker whales, raisins, pistachios, peanuts, fruit snacks, chocolate teddy grahams, and a few jelly beans. I love watching the discovery when they open the eggs.

Little boys know how to get the job done when it comes to eating treats.


It's pretty serious business there for a while. Seth was especially intent, not even looking up at all. :)


This of course is a teddy graham growl.


And grandparents always add to the magic. :) Even for me.




I probably had as much fun as they did (or more) just watching them do the whole hunt and enjoy their treats. Family Rocks.

6 Comments:

  • At 4/10/2007 9:23 AM , Blogger Kari said...

    I know I've said it before, but we love seeing the pictures of you all and showing them to the kids. What a cute fam! And what a great yard for an egg hunt.

    I love the picture of the tree blossoms...is that from your yard?

     
  • At 4/10/2007 9:29 AM , Blogger Kari said...

    Easter Fun-day" and Easter Sunday--I really like that! I'd like to try that out next year.

    The holiday was pretty low key this year, but I'd like to do more next year to make Easter Sunday a special day of activities that remind us of the Savior's Resurrection. The bishop's family in our ward has a special night before Sunday. They turn off all the lights once the sun sets as if to start the 3 days of darkness. During the night, they all sleep together in the living room and wake up to the sun shinning through the windows.

     
  • At 4/10/2007 11:39 AM , Blogger Christine said...

    yep - those are cherry blossoms (near) and almond blossoms (further) in our back yard. The back yard is my favorite part of the whole house. Spring and summer are phenomenal out there.

     
  • At 4/10/2007 9:44 PM , Blogger Higgtastic said...

    Spring is the best time of year. I can't wait until winter is over. (It hailed today.)

     
  • At 4/11/2007 7:45 AM , Blogger Mary said...

    Cracker whales, raisins, pistachios, peanuts, fruit snacks, chocolate teddy grahams, and a few jelly beans? What kind of Easter treat is that? I probably need to watch my diet like you do though... We went to Mesquite for Easter and the combination of mom's amazing Sunday dinner, left over Easter candy and cupcakes, and tradition treats got a little crazy. I had a stomach ache the whole night.

     
  • At 4/11/2007 12:51 PM , Blogger Christine said...

    Hey. I've come a long way, because I actually did jelly beans (the starburst kind) and fruit snacks (don't kid yourself - they're way more sugar than fruit)! And I put those Chocolate Teddy Grahams back on the shelf 3 times before I finally decided to splurge on the sugar content in the eggs. It's not every day the boys get chocolate cookies. :) They're so good though - just like the cookie of an Oreo, but without the icky cream inside, which I always scoop out. Chocolate Teddy Grahams are the way to go.
    John is steadily rubbing off on me for sure. But I haven't thrown reason or health completely out the window yet. :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home